An exciting opportunity to join the Mixit team!!
We are looking for a creative person to join the team. This role is for 4 days (32 hours) per week, Wed-Sat. The applicants must be available on Saturdays. If you are interested or know someone who could be the best fit, let us know. Send your applications to [email protected] by Friday, June 16th
The Mixit Creative Program Leader
The Mixit Creative Programme Leader needs to have a professional creative background, be well-versed in leading the studio floor with accessible and fun creative activities, bring expertise and understanding of mentoring young people and have a solid set of skills to guide and deliver the Mixit core programme, including our Youth Leadership programme. This position requires someone who is passionate about making a meaningful difference in young people’s lives and who brings the experience of using creativity as a tool for empowerment. This is a genuine opportunity to be a part of an organisation that enables transformational change.
Area of expertise and skills required:
- Creative facilitation, teaching and leadership
- Youth mentoring and support
- Performance and event management and delivery
- Networking and community partnership building
The ideal applicant will:
- Be familiar with, and well-connected to, NZ professional arts networks
- Have experience with hands on creative leadership and engagement
- Have a background in performing arts (ideally drama)
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Be familiar and comfortable working in multi-ethnic, multi-faith, multi-arts situations
- Bring experience working with creative community development mahi
- Be familiar with working in a collaborative team environment
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have a full-drivers licence
- Be able to work in Aotearoa, New Zealand (NZ resident status)
Help us continue Mixing. Donate today.
We are a Charitable Trust which means that all donations of $5 or more are eligible for a tax rebate. We send out our tax donation receipts each year in April or May (just after the end of the NZ tax year) with a little update of what we've been doing for the last year.
You are welcome to make a one off donation, either by clicking on the big purple box at the top of the page, or contact us to enquire about how to pay us directly.
You can also contact us to talk about taking a more personalised approach such as contributing to a specific project, donating your time, making a generous one-off donation or becoming a volunteer driver.
Our Friends of Mixit donate regularly, this can be set up with us directly, hitting that big purple box at the top of the page, or by following this link One Percent Collective and becoming a donor with them. Please ensure you select Mixit as your reason for joining.
One Percent Collective is an amazing charity that connects people who want to give back and do good things in the community with great charities around NZ. Mixit is one of the select charities One Percent Collective thinks NZ'ers should know about. One Percent take NO percentage of the donor’s contribution, instead donating 100% to their charities.
Thanks for considering us for your support.